This week I was DETERMINED to be better about making breakfast for myself so Sunday I made a quick breakfast casserole that I have been munching on all week. It only took a few minutes to prep and then baked in the oven. Super easy and customizable! I used spinach, onion, sweet potato, tomato, and bell pepper, but you can easily swap any of those ingredients for something you like (zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, etc.). I didn’t add cheese but you could add a little almond cheese or dairy cheese of your liking. Serve with sliced avocado and a hot cup of coffee and you’re golden!
This breakfast casserole is dairy-free, gluten-free, sugar-free, candida-friendly (if you are further along in your healing journey as the sweet potatoes are on the ‘no’ list in the beginning) and vegetarian.
Lauren’s Breakfast Casserole
Prep Time: 10 minutes; Cook Time: 45 minutes
- 10 pasture-raised eggs
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk
- 1 organic sweet potato, grated
- 1 organic orange bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced white onion, diced
- 2 cups organic spinach
- 1 organic tomato, diced
- Himalayan salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whip the eggs and the coconut milk until fully mixed.
- Grate the sweet potato in your food processor with the grater disc attachment (or use your box grater) and then add the grated sweet potato to the bowl with the eggs.
- Add the bell pepper, onion, spinach, tomato and a dash of salt and pepper to the bowl with the eggs and gently mix.
- Pour the egg mixture into a 9×9 or 9×13 casserole dish that has been lightly sprayed with coconut oil, like this one. Place the dish in your preheated oven and cook for about 45 minutes, or until set in the center.
- Let cool a bit, slice and serve with fresh organic avocado and for us Texans, a splash of hot sauce!
Did you make this recipe?
Tag #lifestylewithlauren on Instagram!
You Might Like:
Purple Power Pancakes
A dear friend of mine created a version of this nutritious recipe for her family after needing to use a bunch of fresh berries that she and her family picked at a local farm. These pancakes are delicious…
What I Eat in a Typical Day
Happy Wednesday friends!! We made it half way through the week! Today I am sharing what my typical day looks like. Since finding Truvani’s plant-based protein powder, my breakfasts have changed to a daily delicious morning smoothie. I…
What is Candida?
My Healing Journey I’ve stated in the past that I have been battling many health issues. One of which is Systemic Candida…that means it is in my blood. Everyone, EVERYONE, has Candida. However, it is contained in the…