A dear friend of mine created a version of this nutritious recipe for her family after needing to use a bunch of fresh berries that she and her family picked at a local farm. These pancakes are delicious and full of wonderful, healthy ingredients that your family is sure to LOVE!
I have adapted this recipe from hers and I am sure you are going to love it!
Purple Power Pancakes
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: about 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 pasture-raised eggs
- 1 banana
- 2 TB organic maple syrup
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/2 cup organic whole almonds
- 1/2 cup organic shelled whole walnuts
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup frozen organic blueberries
- 1/4 cup Sacha Inchi protein powder
- 2 TB organic coconut flour
- Preheat your large pan/skillet/griddle over medium to medium low heat.
- Place all ingredients in a high power blender and blend on low for 30 seconds, then high for about a minute until well combined.
- Butter/grease your pre-heated griddle and pour about 1/4 cup of pancake mix on the griddle.
- Let cook on medium to medium-low heat for about 5 minutes and flip (the pancakes should have puffed up and the bottom side should be slight brown).
- Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes on the flipped side and check for doneness.
- Plate and eat! My boys love to stack them and top with butter and let the syrup run down the sides! This recipe makes a lot of pancakes so we always have extra for the boys to munch on throughout the morning (they just grab one a go!).
Did you make this recipe?
Tag #lifestylewithlauren on Instagram!
You might also like…
I was a DIEHARD Starbucks fan and when they released their pumpkin cream cold-brew…I was smitten! Now, I am a hot-coffee fan so the only thing that bugged me was that it was cold…BUT living in Texas, it’s nothing that would deter me from ordering. I LOVED it so much but I haven’t had Starbucks…
Happy Wednesday friends!! We made it half way through the week! Today I am sharing what my typical day looks like. Since finding Truvani’s plant-based protein powder, my breakfasts have changed to a daily delicious morning smoothie. I LOVE it and it’s so easy first thing in the morning! But I am also including my…
I am loving starting my day with a smoothie and having so much fun playing with different smoothie add-ins and options! The other day I was missing coffee…which I haven’t had since November! My husband grinds the beans fresh every morning and the smell of fresh brewed coffee enveloped and consumed me! I decided to…
If you know me, you know I LOVE lemon anything!! Lemon pies, lemon cupcakes, lemon bars, lemon anything! However, some of my favorite lemon recipes are loaded with cane sugar and dairy…which I cannot have because of my health issues (you can read about my health journey with Systemic Candida here). This microwavable lemon mug…