This Indonesian anti-inflammatory elixir is so refreshing and full of fabulous immune-boosting ingredients and phytochemicals! Traditional Jamu Juice, or Jamu Jamu, is an Indonesian medicine made from natural ingredients, like roots, fruits, flowers, seeds, and leaves. More recently, Jamu has been kicked up a notch with the addition of turmeric. Jamu is a natural anti-inflammatory tonic that boasts a ton of health benefits. You can drink it cold, how I like it, or warm it up like a tea.
This recipe will make you more than enough to get you through your week! I usually freeze a jar and keep another fresh jar in the fridge.
Immune-Boosting Jamu Juice
- 3/4 cup fresh organic ginger roots
- 1-2 TB organic turmeric powder
- 3 cups water
- 1 fresh organic small pineapple
- Juice from one organic lemon
- 1/8 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 TB raw organic honey
- Heavy-duty large blender, like a Vitamin, or a juicer
- Fine mesh strainer and spatula
- Quart-sized jars with airtight lids
- Pull out your large heavy-duty blender (or you can use your juicer instead) and have it ready!
- Wash your fresh ginger roots really well with warm water and slice into disks (no need to peel). Toss into blender.
- Add in the turmeric powder and 3 cups of water.
- Slice up your pineapple and add it to the blender.
- Add in your fresh lemon juice and 1/8 tsp black pepper and honey.
- Blend on high speed for about one minute.
- Grab a fine mesh strainer and pour the blended Jamu through the strainer into a large bowl for a smooth drink (you might need to smash the pulp through the strainer with a spatula to get all the goodness out of it!). From the bowl, pour your strained Jamu into large jars with lids!
- Now it’s time for SHOTS! 😉 Pour a bit in a glass and enjoy hot or cold!
Store in the fridge with an airtight lid or in the freezer and thaw a couple nights before drinking!
Cheers my friends!