If you know me, you know I LOVE lemon anything!! Lemon pies, lemon cupcakes, lemon bars, lemon anything!
However, some of my favorite lemon recipes are loaded with cane sugar and dairy…which I cannot have because of my health issues (you can read about my health journey with Systemic Candida here).
This microwavable lemon mug cake is sugar free, gluten-free, Keto-friendly, dairy-free, and Candida-safe. If you are further along in your Candida journey and can have fruit, you could top this cake with fresh organic raspberries and coconut cream! It is perfect!! If you are more of a chocolate fan, this recipe will hit the spot as well!
SUGAR-FREE LEMON MUG CAKE
This sugar-free lemon mug cake is the most easy recipe to dive into at the end of a long day and it is made with only six ingredients:
- Tiger nut flour is an amazing gluten-free flour! I wrote up a lot of info about this amazing nut-free flour here.
- Egg – I use only one pasture-raised egg in this recipe.
- Baking powder – I use Danielle Walker’s homemade baking powder recipe, since a lot of store bought versions have gluten, aluminum, corn, and/or GMOs. It is super easy to make your own and you probably have all the ingredients on hand!
- Lemon juice – I use the juice of one fresh, squeezed lemon
- Organic Stevia – I use only a couple drops of organic, whole leaf stevia for added sweetness.
- Alcohol-free Vanilla Extract – I use Sprouts-brand organic alcohol-free stevia extract, or you could use this one as well.
COOKING MUG CAKES
Mug cakes are usually baked in the microwave for only 90 seconds at high power (800W). Or, if you are more patient and/or don’t have a microwave, you can make this mug cake in an oven-safe ramekin and bake for 12-15 minutes in a preheated 350ºF oven. Whichever way you decide to bake your mug cake, you will know it is cooked through when you insert a toothpick in the center of the cake and it comes out clean or with no crumbs on it.
So without further ado, here is my favorite lemon mug cake!
SUGAR-FREE LEMON MUG CAKE
Total Time: <5 minutes
- 4 TB tiger nut flour
- 1 pasture-raised egg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 drops organic stevia extract (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp alcohol-free vanilla extract
- Juice of one whole organic lemon
- OPTIONAL (but highly recommend): fresh organic raspberries, lemon zest, and organic coconut cream
- Mix all of your ingredients in a microwavable coffee mug or bowl (make sure it is a large mug as the cake will double in height).
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
- Remove from the microwave and let cool a few minutes. Top with fresh organic raspberries, lemon zest, and a dollop of organic coconut cream.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients in a small bowl and pour the batter into two small ramekins, or one medium ramekin.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until cook through. Check after 8 minutes as it make cook faster depending on your ramekin size. Use a toothpick to test doneness.
- Let cool for a few minutes and then top with fresh organic raspberries, lemon zest, and a dollop of organic coconut cream.